Are you experiencing upper or low back pain in Hollywood, Tamarac, Pompano Beach or Coral Springs, Florida? If you are, you are not alone. Each year millions of people experience acute and chronic back pain. Thankfully, our chiropractors, here at Back to Mind Chiropractic, treat all the common causes of back pain so that you can feel better faster.
Causes of Upper Back Pain
Upper back pain can be caused by a variety of injuries and conditions from overuse to a car accident.
- Overuse – If you aren’t used to physical activity and suddenly have to help someone move, organize a room or weed a garden, you may experience pain in your upper back from overworking your muscles.
- Poor Posture – If you frequently slouch or hunch your shoulders, you may experience pain in your upper back and neck.
- Text Neck – If you spend hours every day looking down at your cell phone, tablet or another mobile device, you may experience pain and stiffness in your neck and upper back.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a common car accident injury that results in a severe sprain and strain of the neck. If you were recently in an auto accident, you may experience neck pain and stiffness along with upper back pain, severe headaches and difficulty sleeping.
Causes of Low Back Pain
Low back pain tends to be more common than upper back pain, and it can be caused by some of the same conditions and injuries, including overuse and a car accident or sports injury.
- Car Accidents – Car accidents can result in sprains and strains, herniated discs and subluxations.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Degenerative disc disease causes the spinal disc to dehydrate and become less flexible, resulting in tears and cracks in the discs.
- Herniated Discs – Herniated discs can be caused by degenerative disc disease, car accidents and sports injuries. They result when a portion of the disc bulges or slips out of place.
- Overuse and Sports Injuries – Sports and overuse injuries can result in sprains and strains, subluxations and herniated discs in the lower back.
- Sciatica – Sciatica is a compression of the sciatic nerve. It can be caused by a herniated disc, bone spur or extremely tight buttock muscles. Pain usually starts in the lower back and radiates into the legs.
- Spinal Stenosis – Spinal stenosis occurs when the area around the spinal cord narrows. It can be caused by subluxations, herniated discs, bone spurs and degenerative disc disease.
The Importance of Getting Immediate Treatment
When you have upper or low back pain, it’s important to get treatment as soon as possible. This is because some back injuries and conditions can become worse over time, especially herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, whiplash and sciatica. For example, whiplash doesn’t tend to produce immediate symptoms. Instead, it starts with neck stiffness and pain which can lead to severe headaches along with upper back and arm pain.
Back Pain Relief from Back to Mind Chiropractic
Our chiropractors at Back to Mind Chiropractic can accurately diagnose the causes of your back pain with digital images and a physical examination. Once we know the exact causes, we can recommend a customized treatment program that reduces the severity of your symptoms and promotes healing without surgery or other invasive procedures. A few of the treatment options we offer include:
- Chiropractic adjustments – Great for helping with subluxations, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and whiplash
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – Helps with herniated discs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease and sciatica
- Injury Rehabilitation – Helps with sports injuries, personal injuries and overuse injuries
To schedule an appointment at one of our four chiropractic locations in Florida, contact us today. We have several convenient locations throughout Florida, including Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Hollywood, and Tamarac. Make your appointment today by calling Back to Mind Chiropractic at +1(954)-986-4559.