Sport Injury Treatment Provided by Back To Mind of South Florida
Sports Injury Treatment at Back to Mind
Sports are a great way to learn discipline and stay in shape. Kids and adults can work on valuable character traits and stay active with various athletic practices, competitions, and games. However, sports injuries and accidents are often common in children and adults of all ages. Chiropractic care can help reduce the possibility of injury and offer wholesome treatment options if an injury does occur.
Common Sports Injuries Seen in Southern Florida
Sports like football, rugby, roller derby, and hockey are high impact sports that commonly cause injury and are more likely to be played by kids and young adults. Basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, water polo, and other sports with a minimum impact still frequently see injuries from jumping, throwing or accidental collisions. Sports where the impact is unlikely, like golf, tennis, and swimming, are more likely to cause injury from joint overuse or strain. The most common types of sports injuries include:
- Strain – Muscles and ligaments can be strained with overuse or hurt when they are used without properly warming up. Strains are typically minor and will heal with rest.
- Sprains – When a joint is improperly strained, a sprain may occur. Wrist, knee, ankle and back sprains are very common when an impact, falls or sudden movement occurs. A sprain accident may take longer to heal and can often be aided with ice, massage and rest.
- Concussions – Impact injuries that rattle the brain are very dangerous and common in rougher sports. Head injuries should be carefully monitored before any athletic activities are resumed. Concussions often take time to heal and sometimes massage or spinal adjustments may help the surrounding muscles relax in the shoulders and upper back.
- Spinal Injuries – Falls and impact injuries can hurt the spine. With the central nervous system running through the spine, injuries in the backbone and neck are serious and must be treated appropriately. This can result in back pain and neck pain. Spinal injuries should be X-rayed first to ensure the proper diagnosis and treatment is recommended. Some spinal injuries require adjustments, spinal manipulation, massage therapy and Spinal decompression therapy from chiropractors.
- Elbow Injuries – Hyperextension, overuse or dislocation are common reasons for elbow injuries in sports. Most elbow injuries need ice and reduced use. Strengthening exercises can help carefully build back up the strength of an injured elbow.
- Shoulder Injuries – Sports that require a lot of throwing or hitting will commonly result in shoulder injuries. Tears in the shoulder muscles or tendons can be debilitating without proper treatment. A nagging Shoulder Pain will keep any athlete from performing to their max. Massage therapy, stretching regimens, and spinal adjustments may help reduce shoulder pain and improve healing without surgery.
- Knee Injuries – Like elbows, knees can commonly be injured with impact or hyperextension. Strains, sprains and ligament tears are common in the knee joint.
- Ankle Injuries – Ankle sprains are one of the most common sports injuries when running and jumping is involved. The ankle is a weak joint that may need an additional shoe or brace support to avoid sprains. Typically ice and rest are enough to heal a sprained ankle.
- Back Injuries – Sprains in the back are very common with sports that require jumping or impact. Back pain is a common ailment our athletes see. Back muscle injuries usually need ice, massage, alignment and rest.
Preventing Sports Injuries
The best way to treat sports injuries is to avoid being injured while doing sports in the first place. Prevention includes stretching, strengthening and aligning the body so it is in the best shape it can be in for athletic activity. When the body is shocked with sudden activity, it can easily lead to avoidable injury. Working up to a point of fitness and supporting activity with proper care of the body will reduce the chance of injury. If proper care is being taken, injuries are also more likely to be less severe when they do occur and heal faster.
Finding Your Sports Chiropractor in Southern Florida
At Back to Mind, we offer whole-body wellness that focuses on prevention before injury even occurs. When you do face an injury, we offer care that helps the body heal naturally and quickly. Our wellness support will help you find pain relief and healing that doesn’t require medications or invasive procedures in most cases.
We treat the whole family with preventative care and sports injury treatments. If you are looking for a chiropractor in FL, call us today! We have several convenient locations throughout Florida, including Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Hollywood, and Tamarac. Make your appointment today by calling Back to Mind Chiropractic at +1(954)-986-4559.
Benefit of Sports Therapies by Chiropractors
Many times, patients don’t realize that you don’t actually have to be injured to see a chiropractor. Many times, athletes see chiropractors for preventative care in addition to increasing performance.
- Undo punishment the body takes from Sports
- Injury Prevention/Performance Enhancement
- Decrease Pain
Why Choose Us
Our Chiropractors Are Ready To Help
Our Consultations Are Always Free