Physiotherapy Provided by Back To Mind of South Florida
At Back to Mind Chiropractic, we work hard to make sure that we provide a variety of treatment options for all of our patients. We believe that when our patients are given options, they can tailor their treatment plans to meet their individual needs. One of the services we provide is physiotherapy. This is a unique form of medical care that can help patients recovering from both acute and chronic injuries. There are different forms of physiotherapy treatment that patients may find helpful.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a form of medicine that seeks to heal injuries and illnesses through manual therapy instead of drugs or surgery. In essence, this is a more natural method of treating injuries and illnesses. Physiotherapy can include a variety of treatments such as exercise and massage. Using these methods, individuals will be able to recover from injuries with fewer side effects than using surgical procedures or prescription medications.
Different Forms of Physiotherapy Treatments
If someone comes to see us for physiotherapy treatment, there are different treatment options that we might employ. Some of the treatment options we use in physiotherapy include:
- Exercise: Exercise is at the center of physiotherapy. The goal of the exercise is to strengthen muscles, ligaments, and tendons to help them better resist stresses in the future. Exercise used to not only treat injuries but also to prevent them from coming back.
- Kinesio Taping: Often shortened to K-Tape, we use this tape to help prevent injuries from coming back. We can use this tape to lift certain tissues to alleviate pressure on certain parts of the body. This prevents injuries from returning.
- Manual Therapy: Manual therapy can be used to perform adjustments and manipulations on certain parts of the body. This can be done to improve the alignment of certain bones and joints, helping to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Electric Stimulation: We can sometimes use electrical stimulation to treat damaged nerves in certain locations of the body. if someone is dealing with pain and discomfort, this might be due to nerves that are sending scrambled signals. We can use electrical stimulation to fix this issue.
- Traction: Traction is an effective treatment performed by a physiotherapist for those who have been diagnosed with a herniated disc or a pinched nerve. By placing the slightest bit of traction on bones and joints, we can increase the amount of space amount of nerve, alleviating pressure and pain.
- Ice: Ice has been a part of injury treatment for centuries. Using ice, we can quell inflammation that might be present in a certain part of the body. This can halt the damage processes and start the recovery.
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation: We can even help patients who have recently undergone a surgical procedure. With physiotherapy, we can help people heal following surgery, strengthen the repaired body part, and prevent injuries from happening in the future.
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
There are a few benefits of physiotherapy treatment that everyone should note. With the help of a physiotherapist, we can help people recover without needing drugs or surgery. This means that there will be fewer complications and side effects as the body heals itself naturally. For this reason, many people have already turned to physiotherapy to help them achieve a more complete recovery.
Why Choose Back to Mind Chiropractic
At Back to Mind Chiropractic, we are here to serve the needs of the individuals and families located in the Tamarac, Hollywood, Coral Springs, and Pompano Beach, FL areas. Our providers have an extensive amount of training in a variety of areas related to physical and manual therapy. We would be honored to show you what we can do to help you and your family. If would like to learn more about our services, please contact us today at (954)-986-4559 to make an appointment. It would be our honor to take care of all of your healthcare needs.
Our Chiropractors Are Ready To Help
Our Consultations Are Always Free