If you’re an athlete, you love the feeling of competition, of speed, of prowess on the field. It’s a major bummer when an injury takes that away from you, forcing you to spend days, weeks or even months away from the sport you enjoy so much.
While you can’t un-injure yourself, you can get back on the field as fast as possible … presuming you follow the right strategies. A chiropractor can help you do just that, with proven and in some cases ancient strategies for returning the body to proper health and balance.
It’s important you don’t wait, however. The longer you wait, the harder it is to heal from injuries both major and minor, the more likely you are to have a relapse, and the less effective you will be on the field. No one wants that, so read on to learn more about how a chiropractor can help you avoid that fate.
How Can a Chiropractor in South Florida Help with Injury?
Whether you’ve suffered a minor injury and need a few weeks of rest, or have undergone major surgery and have significant healing to do, it’s critical you get the right care during your recovery. Otherwise, even minor injuries can fail to heal correctly, during into major problems over time.
Working with a chiropractor is the right solution. A reputable chiropractic practitioner can help you with:
- Manual adjustments, helping to realign your spine and other musculoskeletal systems to their proper positions
- Spinal decompression, creating space between vertebrae to help discs recover and relieve the pressure on nerves or other bodily systems
- Massage, which increases blood flow, relaxes muscles and reduces pain
- Physical therapy and injury rehab to help you safely recover your mobility, flexibility and strength without reinjuring the affected body part or causing secondary injuries
Although a chiropractor can help with almost any injury affecting muscles, bones and connective tissue, some of the most common stem from football, tennis, cheerleading, and golf. Specifically, these include:
- Knee, shoulder and other joint injuries
- Back injury
- ACT tears
- Sprains and strains of ankles and wrists
- Strains of muscles, such as the hamstring
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow
How to Find the Right Chiropractor
When you first decide to find a new health provider, the task can feel overwhelming. You have to compare the reputation, services, costs, insurance coverage, and location. When seeking a new chiropractor, here’s some quick advice:
- Read reviews to find a practice that has plenty of good ones over time.
- Find a location that works for your commute or is near your home, so you’re likelier to make and keep appointments.
- Check out the services of each practice to ensure there’s a wide array.
- Don’t work with any clinic that offers “packages,” as this just means they’ll try to force overly expensive and unnecessary plans on you when you only need some of those treatments.
Still not sure who to go with? Why don’t you check out Back to Mind?
Make an Appointment with Back to Mind Today
Back to Mind Chiropractic is proud to have served South Florida for almost two decades. With four locations in Hollywood, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach & Tamarac, we are conveniently located for patients in a wide variety of places. Plus, we have more than 150 five-star ratings on Google, so you know we know our stuff.
Our services are equally impressive. Helmed by Dr. Gady Abramson, our clinics offer chiropractic adjustments, decompression therapy, massage, injury rehab, weight loss consultation and treatment plans, and more. Our belief is that each patient is unique, so we’ll never offer you canned treatment plans. Instead, you’ll get a FREE 45-minute consultation, after which we’ll design a plan specifically for you.
So, ready to get back on the field as quickly as possible? We’re ready to help. Call us to schedule an appointment for your consultation, and stop waiting on healing. Call NOW.