Headache and Migraine Doctor in Hollywood, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach & Tamarac

Headaches and migraines are common conditions that can prevent you from working, going to school, taking care of your family and enjoying your favorite hobbies.  Most people experience headaches in life; a smaller percentage of people experience migraines. Nine out of ten people suffer headaches, according to the American Chiropractic Association. About 13 percent of Americans get migraines.

While headaches and migraines seem similar, they have different symptoms and causes. Both migraines and headaches can be uncomfortable, annoying and debilitating. Fortunately, our Hollywood headache and migraine doctor provides migraine treatment and headache treatment to get you back in the action.

 

About Headaches and Migraines

While headaches and migraines both cause pain and aching in your head, they are different conditions with different symptoms and causes.  Headaches cause dull, aching head pain, and tightness or pressure in different parts of your head. Headaches can also cause soreness in your neck and shoulder muscles, and tenderness on your scalp.

Our Hollywood headache doctor treats both migraines and headaches, and can help bring relief to nearly everyone who suffers from these painful conditions.

 

Types of Headaches

Headaches can be primary or secondary. About 5 percent of headaches are secondary, which means they are the result of a physical problem. The other 95 percent are primary headaches, which is to say that the headache is the primary concern.

There are several types of primary headaches. They include:

  • Tension headaches – caused by stress and tension
  • Cluster headaches – usually occurring in a series that can last from 15 minutes to three hours
  • Migraines – intense pulsing in your head that can last for days

Types of secondary headaches include:

  • Arthritis headaches – occurs when arthritis changes the bones in your neck
  • Caffeine withdrawal headaches
  • Allergy headaches
  •  

Causes of Headaches and Migraines

Certain causes, or “triggers,” can set off a headache or migraine. Common causes for headaches include:

Tension and stress

Misaligned bones in the neck

Eating certain food, such as processed meats that contain nitrates

Environmental stimuli, such as noise, lights, stress, etc.

Drinking alcohol

Changes in sleep habits

Lack of sleep

 

Symptoms of Headaches and Migraines

Headaches and migraines are painful conditions. They can be frequent or occasion. Some people suffer from chronic headaches and migraines.

The primary symptom of a headache is pain in any region of your head. Headaches may occur on one or both sides of your head. They might happen in just one area of your head or radiate across your head from one place to another. Sometimes the pain is a dull ache, at other times it may feel like a sharp or stabbing pain.

Headache can also feel like a vise squeezing your head. Headaches can start suddenly or slowly, and last anywhere from less than an hour to several days.

Symptoms of migraines often appear in four stages, but not always. The four stages are:

Prodrome – subtle changes, such as mood changes and neck stiffness, that occur a few days before the migraine starts

Aura – visual disturbances, such as flashes of light or wavy vision

Headache – throbbing or pulsing pain on one or both sides of your head, sensitivity to lights and sound, nausea and vomiting, blurred vision

Post-drome – fatigue or elation following the headache phase

 

Chiropractic Treatment for Migraine and Headache Relief in Hollywood, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, & Tamarac

Our Hollywood migraine Doctor, Dr. Gady, provides the migraine treatment or headache treatment you need to alleviate pain and other symptoms. Our doctor can perform spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments to improve the function of your spine and soothe stress on your system.

We can also provide injury rehabilitation for headache associated with injury, massage therapy to melt away tension, physiotherapy and hydrotherapy.

If headaches or migraines are interfering with your life, make an appointment with our chiropractic team in Hollywood or Tamarac. Back to Mind has two convenient locations. You can visit us at our Hollywood location at 450 North Park Road, Suite #200 or at 7431 N University Drive Suite #206 in Tamarac, FL. Or call us directly at (954) 986-4559.

Tamarac Location

Hollywood Location

Coral Springs Location

Pompano Beach Location