Hollywood Chiropractor Discusses Low Back Pain and Low Back Pain Treatment
Your spinal column is a group of bones that sit on top of one another, somewhat like a deck of cards. Between each spinal bone, known as a vertebra, is a rubbery disc that cushions the bones and prevents them from grinding against each other as you move.
Your spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that sits inside the hollow portion of the vertebrae; the nerves go through tiny holes in the spinal column out to the rest of the body. These nerves transmit messages between your brain and the rest of your body. Pressure on these nerves sends pain signals to your brain.
Some factors put you at higher risk for low back pain, including age, lack of exercise, excess weight, improper lifting techniques, and certain medical conditions.
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
Your lower back supports the weight of your upper body, and the complex structures of your low back allow you to bend, twist and move your torso in a number of directions. Because of the amount of weight it carries, and because of its complex structure, your lower back is vulnerable to injuries and other problems.
- Herniated disc – occurs when the gooey inside the discs leak out and press against nearby nerves to cause pain.
- Sciatica – pain that travels from your lower back, into your buttocks, and down one leg; caused by pressure to the sciatic nerve
- Muscle strain – Occurs when a muscle stretches too far and tears
- Ligament sprains – Occurs when overstretching affects ligaments, which are the tissues that connect bones to create joints
- Sports injuries – Twisting motions or large forces of impact can cause sprains, strains, and other lower back injuries
- Car accident injuries – The traumatic wrenching action of a car accident or other type of violent motion can cause strains and sprains
- Poor posture – Over time, slouching can cause lower back pain
- Poor body mechanics – Lifting a heavy object with the muscles in your back or twisting your back while lifting a heavy object can cause lower back pain
- Degenerative disc disease – Allows the vertebrae to grind against nerves; occurs when the discs become dry and worn out and often occurs with age
- Spinal stenosis – Narrowing of the spinal canal, where the spinal cord sits
Hollywood Back Pain Doctor Provides Low Back Pain Treatment
Our Hollywood back pain doctor provides safe and effective low back pain treatment for most causes of low back pain. Chiropractic treatments for low back pain include chiropractic adjustment to relieve pressure on discs and nerves and restore the vertebrae to their optimal position.
If you or someone you know suffers from low back pain, make an appointment for low back pain treatment with our back pain doctor. Our chiropractor has the training, experience and advanced technology to diagnose and treat low back pain. Back To Mind is conveniently located at 450 N Park Rd #200 in Hollywood, FL. We provide non-surgical, drug-free pain relief from back pain using spinal manipulation and other safe and effective chiropractic techniques. Make your appointment today by calling 954-200-7759.